Steaming Cliffs Kayak Tour on Lake Rotomahana
- Dauer: 210 Minuten (ca.)
- Ort: Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
- Produkt-Code: PF1KP7
Explore the amazing scenery of Lake Rotomahana on this spectacular guided kayaking tour. Watch the steam rise from the steaming cliffs as you are immersed in the wonders of worlds youngest geothermal system. Along the way you will learn the story of this incredible valley as you paddle your way past geothermal features exclusive only to this beautiful part of New Zealand.
Detailed tour description:
The tour begins at Waimangu valley, where you will meet your friendly kayaking guide for the activity. Your guide will transport you through the valley down to the waters edge. Once at the lake you will be provided with all the necessary kayaking equipment including personal flotation devices. Your guide will then brief you on the important safety aspects of the tour before keeping you entertained with a how-to-kayak demonstration. From here you will kayak a short distance before being lost in a Jurassic type world of steaming cliffs and colourful landscapes. Mount Tarawera watches over you nearby from above and the Pink and White terraces lie beneath the water you paddle on buried as the 8th wonder of the world. Your guide will share the story of the valley as you soak it all in before the return paddle to shore and Waimangu valley.
Optional Self-Guided Waimangu Walk Option (included in fee if meeting at Waimangu):
Arrive early if you'd like to walk through the Waimangu Volcanic Valley down to Lake Rotomahana to meet your kayak guide. Allow 2 hours for the full walk (4km) or opt for a shorter walk and join the bus part way down the valley. (This is NOT included if you book a pick-up from Rotorua)
- Spectacular geothermal wonders
- Steaming Cliffs
- Beautiful New Zealand Nature - Dab Chicks (Weweia) and other bird life
- Small group tours with exclusive lake access (1 guide per 8 kayakers)
- Waimangu Valley Self-Guided Walk Included (if self-drive to Waimangu)
- Access to the Waimangu Volcanic Valley self-guided walk is included. However due to tight time scheduling if a pick-up option is booked then unfortunately time will not allow this activity as part of your Steaming Cliffs Kayak tour with pick-up and return transfer.
- The maximum number of customers per tour guide is 8, so book in quick!
- We will do our best to get in touch well in advance if the weather looks bad, unfortunately sometimes mother nature wins. If our regulations allow us to operate then we will operate.
- This tour is perfect for couples, families, children, adventurers and instagrammers alike, with short paddle distances and spectacular geothermal features. Our kayaks are New Zealand made for stability and ease of paddling for 2 adults + 1 child with a maximum combined weight of 220kg.
- A weight limit of 220kg (total per kayak) applies
- Suitable for all ages above 4 years old.
- All persons 17years and under must be supervised by a responsible adult 18years or over.
- Must be booked with a minimum two persons unless the tour is already operating.
What to bring:
- Swimwear (if possible wear them under you're clothes when you're picked up).
- Bottled Water
- Credit Card/Cash/Eftpos for food and drinks available to purchase from Waimangu Valley cafe
- Warm clothing appropriate for the season. In summer (November to March) wear exercise type leggings/quick dry pants your preferred top and bring one warm fleece layer and one wind breaker jacket or rain jacket if it is wet. In winter (April to October) wear thermal leggings with quick dry pants, thermal top, one fleece layer, one woolen jersey or puffer jacket and a wind breaker jacket or rain jacket if it is wet.
- We recommend that you should bring a water proof camera! (Carry at your own risk)
- A smile and sense of adventure
AGE DEFINITION FOR PRICING:
- In relation to the pricing of this tour adults are considered to be 13 years and older, children are 12 years and underExtra Waimangu Walk Option: