Overnight Hot Water Beach Kayak Tour
From NZD $349.00
- Duration: 24 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
- Product code: PH0MPF
Appreciate the convenience of a complimentary pick-up and return transfer from your central Rotorua accommodation or the Rotorua I site at 1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua. With tours departing 12pm daily you have the option of choosing the best time to suite your needs. As you depart Rotorua a 20-30 minute informative drive begins during which time you will meet your small-group tour members and make your way to the beautiful lake Tarawera. Knowledgeable and expert kayak guides ensure you will master kayaking quickly enabling you to experience all the lake has to offer during your half day on the water tour as you make your way to Hot Water beach. You will have the opportunity to swim, explore the shorelines, take photos of the scenery before arriving at the bubbling and steamy paradise. Soak the evening away as you enjoy drinks and nibbles while your guides prepare your small alpine tent accomation and kiwi outdor dinner for the night. All kayaking equipment, camping equipment and food and water is provided however you are required to bring your preferred swimwear and warm clothing. Paddle your way home the following day or call the water taxi if your too well relaxed for an extra fee. If the weather turns there is no need to panic as the water taxi is on call and can easily take us home if needed.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE OVERNIGHT KAYAK HOT WATER BEACH TOUR:
- Early Booking is essential (at least 1 day prior to departure)
- Tours depart at 12pm
- We provide a shuttle service from and to the I-site in central Rotorua, we also allow you to request a pickup from your accomodation in central Rotorua. We will contact you to confirm your pickup requests.
- Allow the return time to be between 1pm and 8pm on the following day.
- The maximum number of customers per tour is 6, so book in quick!
- We will do our best to get in touch well in advance if the weather looks bad, unfortunately sometimes mother nature wins. If our regulations allow us to operate then we will operate.
- This tour is perfect for families of moderate fitness as our kayaks are New Zealand made for stability and easy of paddling for 2 adults + 1 child with a maximum combined weight of 220kg.
- A weight limit of 220kg (total per kayak) applies
- Suitable for all ages above 13 years old.
- All children (16 and under) must be supervised by a responsible adult (18 or over).
WHAT TO BRING:
- Swimwear (if possible wear them under you're clothes when you're picked up).
- Warm over night clothing including polypropelene thermal underwear, fleece jersey and your own sleeping bag suitable for 0-10 degree overnight
- Sun lotion and a Sun hat are a must, the elements can be harsh on your skin, we recommend you slip slop slap!!
- We recommend that you should bring a water proof camera! (Carry at your own risk)